It is currently Wed Jul 18, 2018 3:49 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 107 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
 Post subject: Re: Ex-illis will be back on Kickstarter!
PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 3:09 pm 

Lord Ok wrote:
@Craddoc. I fully agree with your points. Maybe in 18 days you can say "I told you so" to Chinchilla games. But it doesn't help any of us right now. ;) Chinchilla games made a choice for this rulebook kickstarter. In 18 days we will see the result.

I see no sense in Schadenfreude here. I would have made a different attempt on the game and do believe personally that the same amount of time and money spent on a written rulebook invested on the software would have made a good game aswell, maybe with a more unique playing experience than a written rulebook offers. But in the end it is not my money so I will only say what I would consider, not what the chinchilla crew should do right now...

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 3:39 pm 
Bleeding Edge Knight

Gents,

We have a little more than 2 weeks left on the KS and still have no info about how the game is supposed to play. Will you guys be doing updates that show off the new game features?

Time is ticking.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 12:01 pm 
Messenger of God

Rules are not ironed out at all, so we don't want to tell too much yet so people are not frustrated because we cut a mechanic or change something they really liked.

We play games with notes and change stuff with every game so it is still far from ready. We have a playable version ready for the battle system but the mustering is far from balanced. (And this might be the hardest thing to do in the system.). I'd say we are 50% done with the combat system and 25% done with mustering.

What i can tell you so far is :
1 - In mustering you choose 2+1/2level (round down) abilities for each unit/hero for each stance
2 - Unit cards are 2 sided so you can "stance" your unit (and have access new abilities) Units can change stance after its turn. We are still discussing if we should charge FP for this.
3 - When you deploy, Unit will be played in the order you are deploying (like in the computer game). This order is the initiative chain.
4 - If one side has more unit, the other plays "Placeholder" cards in his chain. (there's a couple rules for that)
5 - Move/Basic attack takes no fatigue and obviously every unit can Move and has a Basic attack
6 - Certain abilities do take fatigue
7 - Long action move your unit down in the Initiative chain.
8 - Fast unit can move up the chain too.
9 - Combat is played with D6
10 - When you attack, you roll 1d6 for each mini in your unit to hit (each unit has a "to hit" value).
11 - Then you multiply that with the Damage value of your unit
12 - Your opponent has an Armor that reduce that damage
13 - Some units have passive Dodge/Block abilities that allow to reduce damage further with dice roll
14 - If you do 4 damage and the opponent's unit has 3 HP, then the opponent's unit lose 1 mini (and 1 dmg is lost). If his units would have 2HP, he would lose 2 minis
15 - If you roll 1, your opponent has a retaliate roll - Flanking might remove this
16 - There's a lot of passive abilities that add DR or improve hitting.
17 - Wait is a special action that gives back Fatigue Points

On the drawing board right now
17 - We're trying to balance out the fact that smaller units cannot kill high Armor unit right now.
18 - We're still playing with stats right now as we want to simplify things but keep good depth but so far we have "Attack (to hit Target), HP, Fatigue, Damage, Armor (DR) and Speed (Movement, not ini)
19 - Armor doesn't scale well with unit size.
20 - Heroes will probably have a HP pool since we don't want units to kill them instantly or make them impossible to kill.
21 - We are working on Area of effect over time and ways to track them

We haven't played much lately because the Kickstarter takes most of our time. We might have a public alpha later so you guys can playtest games and give us feedbacks.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 2:12 pm 
Bleeding Edge Knight

Why isn't this info on the kickstarter page?

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 3:44 pm 
Messenger of God

Isn't it weird to give details that are highly subject to changes?

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 4:06 pm 

Archangel Gabriel wrote:
It is better than no info at all.
Imagine someone who never played Ex illis, he doesn't have a clue how this game is played or what makes it special or fun.

Please put this list of features up in an update, just tell it is an Work In Progress and will be polished after the campaign.

Take a day time and play the game again. Record the game or make a stop motion animation with notes of the different phases and features of the game. Naturally use that nice display board and painted minis. ;)

Show the people what you are working on, you'll get enthusiasm back.

Lord Ok

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 7:32 am 

Quote:

What was your plan for shipping the finished product after the kickstarter? I know from many kickstarter campaigns getting in delay because things took longer than expected and backers getting really upset about long and longer waiting times. I think playtesting and balancing the different units is quite challenging and can take some time, it should not end up in problems by having the shipping to be done but the rules not finished testing yet.

OfflineProfile  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 107 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5