It is currently Sun May 20, 2018 3:49 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 107 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Ex-illis will be back on Kickstarter!
PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 8:23 am 

And one minor question. Can you make possible, that even characters(letters) with strange czech punctuacion as "ě" will show normaly? :) I am going crazy everytime i see the little square in my name in signature - I am Zdeněk, not Zden"square"k :D And I named myself "Philippe IV. Le Bel" instead of czech "Filip IV. Sličný", because "č" caused errors to my account :lol:
I know it is stupidity, but I will be very grateful!

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 11:33 am 
I could not be a traitor to Edward, for I was never his subject.

The font used for the signature rendering appear not to have this character. I will have to look it up. Or did you mean somewhere else ?

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 12:21 pm 

I hope that you will understand, what I am writing here :oops:

The "square" problem is only in signature. ;)

But when I first created account with name "Filip IV. Sličný" it made error everytime I tried to log in game program. So I created another account ("Philippe IV. Le Bel"), then everything was OK. My dad then created account without "ˇ" ("Jan Zizka"), because we come to the conclusion that "Jan Žižka" would cause the same problems...
And when we played EX on computer where the user´s name (profile on computer) contained "ˇ", the program evidently can´t found the folder or something like that (I am not expert in IT :( ) and we can´t obtained experience from that battles. Now we are aware that our computer profiles must be without weird czech punctuation :D

So, I will be glad if you can repair the "square issue". The account issue is no longer problem for us, I just wanted to note that "ˇ" caused problems to program. ;)

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 12:38 am 

I'm not sure on where all I'll be able to fix it, but I'll definitely keep it in mind.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 8:33 am 

Thanks ;)

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 4:53 am 
Bleeding Edge Knight

Excited that the Ex-Illis is going on kickstarter to fund a conventional miniature rulebook. I have followed a lot of kickstarter and I have seen that kickstarter that offer exclusive content and add-on are generally more successful. Do you guys have any plan for an exclusive kickstarter hero miniature (named hero or alternate pose) or a kickstarter item ( Fundraiser : baneret sword that give you more money).

Would you make new units and heroes without making a digital equivalent (at least for now) in order to get new units out faster?

Really looking forward to the paper rulebook in order to read more of the fluff.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 10:27 am 
Messenger of God

Oh my, we're entering in the crystal ball zone here but what the hell...

There will be no new miniatures in the Kickstarter. We already have a lot of products available and we want to bring in as many new players as possible. Everything is new for a new player and backers have so much money to spend, there's no real need to add new units for this Kickstarter

We might also introduce a couple of goodies related to the rulebook like unit cards, items addons and custom dices as stretch goals.

There's many scenarios possible out of this. If we get the minimum funding, we'll have just enough money to pay for the book printing and shipping etc. So that would not give us much for new miniatures. The more we go over the minimum funding the more we unlock goodies so the amount of money left is not linear but globally it would increase what we have left to a certain point.

If we were to hit a good amount of "leftover" money, we'd keep that money to create new minis or even new units.

I was talking with the guys about that a couple weeks ago and we still have models ready to go in production. And trust me here, when it come to thoses minis, you guys won't believe how cool they are. I might even spoil one or two during the Kickstarter updates ;)

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 12:14 pm 

Cool minis? Spoil? :shock: I am trembling with anticipation :D
Who they are? Dwarfs? Germans (Bohemia?)? More France? Templars? :D Just a little spoiler, please :P :P :P

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 7:03 pm 
Bleeding Edge Knight

Speedy, just imagine when we get to read the unit section of the rulebook!!!!

Hope you guys have a roadmap of stretch goals that you will show us as the campaign advances.
What will be the estimated delivery date?

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 8:29 am 
Messenger of God

Delivery date will probably be Q3 2014 for the book. July is the goal.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 10:03 am 

I can´t wait so long! :twisted:

And the announced opening of the codes
("we decided to lift the DRM on the digital version of the game for everyone. This means anyone will be able to play the game with any miniatures without having to register it first.")
Will be at what time horizon, if I may ask? :)

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 10:05 am 

tchuck wrote:
Speedy, just imagine when we get to read the unit section of the rulebook!!!!

Oh man, you are driving me mad! :P

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 5:21 pm 

speedy wrote:
I can´t wait so long! :twisted:

And the announced opening of the codes
("we decided to lift the DRM on the digital version of the game for everyone. This means anyone will be able to play the game with any miniatures without having to register it first.")
Will be at what time horizon, if I may ask? :)

The DRM lift will be based on trial units becoming permanent but unmatched to minis. Exact and final form is not yet decided, but you will be able to simply visit the trial area and add more minis

The limit will be perhaps something like 10 of each units. Having more than that of each would require purchasing some.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 10:01 am 

So we will be able to level and equip these units, as if they were purchased normaly? Cool 8-)

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 2:52 pm 

I advise that one should consider and prepare carefully before launching a KS project. I have seen many companies rushing in and expecting the project to be funded and only failed miserably not even remotely close to their target goal.

If all this company wants is to publish a rulebook, then I would suggest not to bother. Otherwise, you are competing yourself against WHFB and King of War, as well as tons of other small skirmish games, and Ex illis will fail.

Even if you still want to go ahead, you still needs a lot of promotion, such as participation in GenCon, to make people aware of this game and to generate some interest. Otherwise, relying on the few die-hard fans for support is not enough to get anywhere.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 2:58 pm 

If my eyes aren´t fooled by satan, the units are unlocked! :shock: Is that true? :P

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 3:29 pm 

speedy wrote:
If my eyes aren´t fooled by satan, the units are unlocked! :shock: Is that true? :P

Yep, same here: all the trial units are unlocked.
Now I wish their was a way to remove all the units I don't have models for. It's a bit to crowded for my liking. :P

Lord Ok

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 3:48 pm 

Oh guys, you really made my day ;) Just after playing cool battle with my dad, I get such a lovely surprise :D
Finally, I can make a pure Medieval army! Hurray! :D

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 10:33 pm 

I was thinking about a way to disable units, but I'm not sure what to do with it exactly; I would not want somebody to dismiss a unit, only to find out later on that he dismissed the wrong unit or that he now found a use for them and lost all his experience.

I was thinking of a temporary dismissal; you would not see that unit while creating new musters, but if you were to activate a new trial unit of that type then it would be un-dismissed.

Would that behavior be fine with you guys, or do you have any other idea you`d rather see, and why ?

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 10:51 am 

Good idea!
The collection page is now divided into heroes and units. Might be an idea to add an reserves section to store the extra units. Make them grayed out like the trial units, and invisible on the muster page.

The activation part is getting a little redundant. For example; when buying a new box like the serjants you don't have to choose for swords or spears since you can have both. (get your magnets ready gents! :mrgreen: )

Having special rewards for those who do buy and activate the minis would be awesome. Maybe extra gold, or starting with level 5 units.

Lord Ok

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 7:24 pm 

William Wallace wrote:

I was thinking of a temporary dismissal; you would not see that unit while creating new musters, but if you were to activate a new trial unit of that type then it would be un-dismissed.

That sounds like a great solution to me.

Lord OK wrote:
The collection page is now divided into heroes and units. Might be an idea to add an reserves section to store the extra units. Make them grayed out like the trial units, and invisible on the muster page.

This sounds great too!

The opinions in common to all the Cathari are these. This world, and all the things that are in it, were created by the devil. All the sacraments of the Church, to wit, the sacrament of baptism by material water, are false sacraments.
-- Reinerius Sacco

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 11:44 am 

Hmmm... :?
I have some serious problems with EX right now. We played 2 battles with dad (Jan Zizka) for 9 battle points each, but the experience is missing... We got these chests with loot and we have these two battles showed on our profiles. But experience for our units and profiles is nowhere to find... Strange :? .
Secondly, my new activated Franc chevaleurs (from the "Trial" page) have max. level 35... Even stranger. Other "trial activated" units (Serjants, Baneret) have their max. level correct (at least I hope so), it is only a bug or something like that?
And third problem - units from original Trial (you know, the units that were for 30 days and then get "grey" and stayed in your Collection page) don´t have a line "BP for next level". It is simply missing...
What to do now :cry: Can you guys fix it somehow? Or it is just a part of some bigger plan?

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 12:00 pm 

I`ll have to fix those issues, it`s not to force a purchase or anything.

Buying a unit already provide you with bonus chest containing items and such BTW.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 12:12 pm 

William Wallace wrote:
I`ll have to fix those issues, it`s not to force a purchase or anything.

Thanks ;-)

William Wallace wrote:
Buying a unit already provide you with bonus chest containing items and such BTW.

From when? This function was there for whole history? :shock: Because we never get any bonus chests for units that we purchased... :roll:

Sorry for additional problems. Strange that these problems only appears in a distant country like Czech Republic :D

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 12:52 pm 
Bleeding Edge Knight

Soooooo.... I know there is no news right now, but how about giving us something to talk about.

OfflineProfile  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 107 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next