It is currently Sun May 20, 2018 3:50 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 171 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: Announcement
PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 6:54 pm 

Wow this is getting crazy. Who are we waiting on ?

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 6:55 pm 

Son of a donkey...... ( not you wolly)

It's torture !

I bet it is gw!

But i heard some where it might be mantic.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 6:56 pm 

I haven't heard Mantic did it. Where did you see that ? I have been on their boards everyday and saw a topic on the forum about wanting them to which everyone promptly trashed.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 7:09 pm 

Oh yer that was mine, I got a PM from some one, that said it might be a possibility.
That's where my thoughts come from.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 7:47 pm 

If mantic did pick it up, you wouldnt have to argue about quality and price.
They do well with both of them.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:01 pm 

Dwarfs... all i am going to say...

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 9:59 pm 

I'd love to see Mantic do it. They are a good company, like the GW of old. And their behind the scenes videos are quite amusing.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 1:36 pm 

There must be a deadline for the creditor to reply. So, when is it?

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 7:35 am 

Toqtamish wrote:
I'd love to see Mantic do it. They are a good company, like the GW of old. And their behind the scenes videos are quite amusing.

This would be really great, but I'm sorry to say, beside that there are no advantages for the companies (different game styles, different casting, sculpting, different game story, etc.) they are not even on the same continent.
I asked around and it seems nearlly 100% sure that Mantic has not bought ExIllis and is not even interested in doing so. They have enough own projects ongoing for 2011.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 11:40 am 

We realize that however at this point all we can do is speculate and dream.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 12:38 pm 
I could not be a traitor to Edward, for I was never his subject.

I had been told I`d get an answer last week. I expect that if I haven't yet received an answer, that it means it's yes but needs some approbation. I'll try to get some more info out of them today, again.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 2:06 pm 

Does that mean Ex illis is a go or a no???

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 2:37 pm 

This is dragging on far too long. If game is gonna come back to anything or anyone left they better get their collective asses in gear.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 2:40 pm 

I agree!!

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 3:57 pm 

OKAY I HATE TO BE THE ASSHOLE BUT WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON ?!?!?!?!? :evil:

WE THE FANS HAVE BEEN LEFT IN LIMBO FOR OVER A MONTH NOW. I HATE TO SAY IT BUT WE DESERVE BETTER THAN THIS. WHOEVER IS IN CHARGE OF WHAT IS LEFT OF THE GAME REALLY NEEDS TO SAY SOMETHING AND NOT IN THE FUTURE OR DOWN THE ROAD BUT LAST WEEK.

I HAVE A FRIEND WHO BOUGHT A STARTER AND TRIED TO ACTIVATE IT AND ITS NOT WORKING. WE HAVE TRIED MULTIPLE TIMES AND NO GOOD. ASKED WALLACE VIA PM, NOTHING DONE YET. ASKED ON FORUMS. NO REPLIES. I REALIZE THE COMPANY IS DEAD AND DISSOLVED AND PEOPLE ARE NO LONGER OFFICIALLY WORKING BUT IS IT SO MUCH TO ASK FOR SOME CUSTOMER SERVICE TO SUPPORT THE ALREADY SOLD PRODUCT. MY FRIENDS ACCT IS INACTIVE AND ONLY WAY WE CAN PLAY IS HE WAS ALREADY SIGNED IN TO MY SOFTWARE AND HAS NOT SIGNED OUT OF IT SINCE HIS TRIAL ENDED.

IF THE GAME IS DEAD, WHICH IT LOOKS LIKE IT IS AT LEAST TELL US AND GIVE US A WAY TO CONTINUE TO USE WHAT WE HAVE ALREADY SO WE CAN CONTINUE TO PLAY AND BUILD MUSTERS.

I'VE GOT AN ORDER I WAS GOING TO PLACE FOR SOME MORE MINIS BUT AT THIS POINT I AM NOT GOING TO FINISH IT UNTIL WE KNOW MORE.

I REALLY LIKE THIS GAME, BUT AT THIS POINT ITS BECOMING NOT WORTH HOW FRUSTRATING THIS SITUATION HAS BECOME. AT LEAST I HAVE A REALLY COOL PAINTED EMISSARIUS.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 4:13 pm 
Bleeding Edge Knight

Toqtamish wrote:
I'VE GOT AN ORDER I WAS GOING TO PLACE FOR SOME MORE MINIS BUT AT THIS POINT I AM NOT GOING TO FINISH IT UNTIL WE KNOW MORE.

just for you to know, you can no longer order from Exillis web store. And the problem at this point is no one is in charge. The contract is not signed so hypothetical jobs wasn't appointed.

I know it's very frustrating :x and I share your point of view but we can't do nothing for now more than waiting and hoping WW will fix the starter issue of your friend (he's the only one who can do something). As you have seen on the French side, this problem is shared by many customers. I've experienced something like sunday but my evocati's booster worked :?:

On the bright side, when all will be fixed, your friend should level up to 12th ;) (as long as you don't logout)

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 4:23 pm 

Not talking about Ex Illis store, too expensive. I have to pay taxes on orders from them. Talking about miniature market who just got some new stock on Sunday.

At this point I don't see any bright side. We don't even know there is any contract needing to be signed. We don't know anything and that is the problem. If someone has bought the game they will have ALOT of damage control to do before the game can grow again.

I hope my friend gets the BP he has earned as we played 4 games Saturday night with his still trial account minis which worked out good for him as he had more minis than he would have otherwise as all of his trial minis were still there, he loves them priests.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 4:39 pm 

I'm sorry to hear you are having problems, Toq, but ranting about it on a forum won't help. Wallace is trying his best to keep us up to date, but the sad fact is that there just isn't anything to report yet.

Yes, this is bad for the company, the game, the hobby. It really sucks for everyone involved that is hoping that Ex Illis lives on, and it makes it feel worse that there is very little for us to do to help. Even buying new minis is scary because we aren't sure how much it might help and there's the potential it is just wasted money. The best we can do is to avoid doing something that might make the situation any worse.

Personally, if I saw a post like your demanding answers and I was Wallace, I'd probably get a little irritated. When he has something to report, I'm sure he'll do it, but you can't get blood from a stone. It sounds like the bank or whomever is in charge of this auction is really taking their sweet time and the expected answers aren't coming. It sucks. But let's not lose our heads.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 4:42 pm 

Again not trying to be the jerk but the situation has gotten a bit ridiculous and somebody needed to say something. I am sure I am not the only one who is more than a bit tired of this dragged out limbo.

AND FYI, was not DEMANDING answers from Wallace, was demanding answers from whomever or whatever it is that is in charge, possession or whatever of the game. I know Wallace has nothing to do with that part of things.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 6:22 pm 
Bleeding Edge Knight

@Toq - I feel your pain, but don't really think there is anything to do at this point but wait. The bottom line for now is that the company is dead. We're all hoping for a resurrection (dare I say, Zombie Pope?), or at least a reincarnation (WW and friends splicing together a player driven community without a company, so to speak).

The problem is that the creditors don't care. They got an offer (we think) on a fire sale of assets. There was only one bid (we understand) and obviously they didn't accept it on the spot. There are a million possibilities, but I'll mention two: a.) They really thought someone would pay more for the hardware, etc., and since they didn't get it, they decided to either keep it or absorb it or sell it elsewhere. If that happened, there may be an opportunity for further future negotiations on the IP (what we really want for the reincarnation option), but it could take months. b.) There was enough money in the offer that they are considering restructuring the debt/and keeping some ownership if they think the company will remain a going concern, which again, could take a couple of weeks easy.

It's frustrating but former Bastion employees aren't getting paid and have to deal with the rest of their lives for the moment, and even worse, have some restrictive covenants in their severance arrangements (if they exist) or their hopes for the deal(s) on the table that limit their ability to say much/do much. I'm a little surprised that WW hasn't fixed the activation issue, in that he's been by far the most active staff member on these forums since the beginning and basically the only one active since the "announcement."

All I can say is hang in there, pal. I picked up some more units on eBay because we love the game and lucky for us the activations worked fine. Your choice to spend money now is a tough one - if you see a great deal, you're betting/hoping on at least getting a player driven community with the ability to muster via a private server (which seems to me to be likely).

I appreciate that you've been active on the forums during these "dark ages." I'm looking forward to seeing how this season gets incorporated into the game fluff when we get to the other side...

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 6:31 pm 

I too am surprised its not fixed yet and since my friend cannot join the forums as no new registrations can be made on the forums I have to be his devil's advocate for his frustration about not being able to use his account right now.

My one regret is that we joined the game so late into things. The 30 day trial option came way too late. If it had been there back in 2009 when I first discovered Ex Illis we would have all been playing a lot sooner than we did here in our group.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 7:39 pm 

Wow, somebody here sounds a little like a parody of me.

I still hope the best, just like I hope Firefly will get new episodes and that every copy of Twilight will cease to exist.

But yeah, Does WW even have access to the game servers? I think, and I'm not saying this as an "I told you so" that the game is just as dead as it has been for the last couple months.

Seriously... Even I can see the pointlessness in bitching at people who don't own the game, and are not employed by the owners of the game. Might as well bitch at me to fix it.

This was coming, and we all knew it in December. We all knew we knew, but our minds did what they had to do to reduce cognitive dissonance. We convinced ourselves that the game wasn't dying, and that we weren't lying to our friends when we told them that the game would be playable and growing for a long time.

I don't blame anyone. Business is business. It happens. The creative team did nothing I wouldn't have done. They tried to turn their remaining stock into liquid assets while they still could, and hoped that they'd get everything back up and running.

While some may assume that no news is good news, I'm fairly certain that the opposite is true.

But maybe someone will get to say "I told you so" to me somewhere down the line. Doubtful, but who knows?

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 8:26 pm 
I could not be a traitor to Edward, for I was never his subject.

Got some news. The offer was accepted, it now needs to be signed by a judge and to expect a 1 to 2 weeks delay. I was remainded that I was bound by my previous NDA until this would get signed by the judge so as such I will refrain from doing further comments until it's final.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 8:37 pm 

Damn now I wish I had bought those boxes of Archangels that miniature market got in stock on Sunday, sold out already. They are hard to find and I want a unit of Nephilim.

Well that's good to know there is news. Next 1-2 weeks will go way too slowly.

Any luck on fixing my friends activation code ?

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:20 pm 
Bleeding Edge Knight

Toqtamish wrote:
Damn now I wish I had bought those boxes of Archangels that miniature market got in stock on Sunday, sold out already. They are hard to find and I want a unit of Nephilim.

You could try there Bizrate ;)

OfflineProfile  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 171 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next