It is currently Sun Oct 21, 2018 4:37 pm

Post subject: What's Next
PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 2:58 pm 
Bleeding Edge Knight

This would be a great time to keep the ex-illis machine rolling.

I know that the project didn't fund, but it felt like there was some buzz starting to build up. I'm hoping its not another 2 years before there is some more news.

OfflineProfile  
 Post subject: Re: What's Next
PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 10:29 am 
Bleeding Edge Knight

Yes lets keep the ball rolling we've got a Small committed core of people that are ready to help.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 12:01 pm 
I could not be a traitor to Edward, for I was never his subject.

Well, in that case, anyone wants to playtest the newer ios version ? Send me a PM with your device UDID!

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 10:53 am 
Bleeding Edge Knight

Dope.

I'm in.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 4:19 pm 

I was one of the Kickstarter Backers as well and still needed some special "Kick" to start playing again, as i actually didn't want to invest too much time and effort in a no more "living" system.

But at the moment, like the original poster names it correctly, there is some Ex Illis urge in me again ;-), ...so let me test the new version as well!

Cheers

Jens

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 3:19 pm 

Any news about the new iPad version? I sent William Wallace a PM late december and would love to help test it.

Still interested in helping Ex Illis get back into business, if possible somehow!

Best

Jens

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 12:46 am 
Bleeding Edge Knight

scary silence again :? :?

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 6:07 pm 

yosefbender wrote:
scary silence again :? :?

Yes, too bad the Kick Starter was so poorly thought out. Thank god the application still works on my Macintosh. I wish the iOS version was updated, but I don't expect that to happen (I to asked to be in on the bata testing, but no contact so far). I'm still debating weather I want to spend some more money to get some of the units I don't have, but hesitate to put more money into this not knowing if the servers will be around.

So what's next?

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 10:51 pm 
Bleeding Edge Knight

The minis are still pretty good Worth having but if they're not going to support the game anymore And just crawl away in Silence I'm sureThe minis will show up for $.10 on the dollar from Some Distributors that's still has them In their inventory.

If the company I'm working on right now continues to be successful perhaps I can buy out the rights And continue the work

If Whatever people are left from chinchilla games would just send me a copy of the pen and paper rules. I was going to Refine the rule set so it's much closer to the computer game Rules

Even as one of their greatest supporters who has the largest collection of exillis minins I have not had the courtesy of a response From anybody from Chinchilla games.

With the exception of William Wallace who always tried to help out even when it was not his job.But even him I have not heard from in several months.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 3:30 pm 

Quote:
If the company I'm working on right now continues to be successful perhaps I can buy out the rights And continue the work

...maybe we can be in a joint venture to buy the rights and/or rest of stock.

Anybody any idea how much money would be needed?

Cheers

Jens

PS: I'm a board game designer and former "small" game company owner and really find the idea "interesting" to re-vitalize Ex-Illis...

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 8:45 am 
Bleeding Edge Knight

The monies needed for purchasing inventory and licensing rights, is a rather small number compared to the marketing dollars, and necessary Capitalization to provide a recapture of the market.I'm looking at 4 years of capitalization necessary to make A significant impact into this Tough market Most likely it will be more about stock evaluations and distribution, as I'm sure there are key players that will want to continue, To build the Exillis brand.

But this is all talk at this point as I'm building two companies that require all my time and effort, and there is been no one from the existing company that has even taken the time to contact me on other matters.

I hope meaningful correspondence can start, even if it's to indicate they've gone in a different direction.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 9:52 am 
Messenger of God

I can actually tell you that we are back in the "Sleep mode" i.e. we continue to manage the servers and that's pretty much it. I haven't had time to continue on the iOS version lately, it is almost done, but there's a couple bugs that are really annoying and time consuming.

The Kickstarter really took a toll on us as we had to manage emails, PR and everything over our "day job". Still, it was a fun and good learning experience.

If you are really interested in buying the game, I can look with the guys what they think. I can already tell you that I would still love to see this game thrives even if it means we must take a step back a let other people handle it, but then again, i'm not alone in this

Thanks
Steeve

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 9:45 am 
Bleeding Edge Knight

During this season of quiet I really encourage you guys to continue to review kick starter, and other crowdfunding sources, that game developers have had success with , A high percentage of games developers higher than many other categories make there goal not only get their funding but several stretch goals are met also.

As there is a formula that enrolls people, critically analyze what did not fit this formula of successes must be done. you have lots of good content it just needs to be reformatted in a powerful presentation that creates excitement.

Do you have footage of the tournament at gen-con people laughing as they playing people thoroughly enjoying the game? do you have photos of well painted models on awesome terrain boards?

There are many employee owned companies, customer owned co-ops. Why not have a fan owned gaming company?

You have created a wonderful world, your own unique genre, you need to step back from the base game and realize the treasure you have, just in your created world

There are countless of good good fiction writers that write novels in shared worlds, it is taken on great popularity and reinforced the game purchases that those worlds tell there story in , Warhammer 40 K, Warhammer fantasy, forgotten realms, dark sun, the original thieves world, Star Wars, Dragonlance, the list goes on and on. Your company sets the guidelines on what is possible in this world then gives creative license for writers to use their imagination and inspire the imagination of others some reader's who will play the game some gamers who Be inspired by what they read to purchase more models and reenact some of the battles.

I still believe a board game, based on the success of board-games on kickstart should be yet another way that this world of Exillis can be introduced and experience by players who might not want to get into the hobby aspect of the game. And if the game is wisely choreographed, there will be a campaign set of rules that will reinforce the base game.

I have already been working on a RPG set of rules for the Exillis world and this summer will be running a campaign in the Exillis genre.

As stated in countless of posts in the base game there were some essential flaws of attempting to use graphics in a computer moderated tabletop miniatures wargame, I cannot emphasize the psychological impasse that it made for miniature wargamers and for computer gamers, the combination simply did not work and did not enroll the computer gaming world as it was originally hoped for. All it did was turn off most of the tabletop miniature world whose eyes always want to be on their well painted models
(I mean come on do you want look at a computer screen of cheesy graphics after spending the last six weekends customizing and painting your armies. It was a subconscious psychological offense, and a time-consuming boring distraction after the 20 game. The bottom line beauty of computer moderated rules is to have a higher level of realism and quicker play-ability,

The day your company chooses to strip out those worthless graphics will be the day that the base game will have a much wider appeal in the gaming world.

It is always good to retreat lick our wounds and process where our strategy was amiss, but there must be a time when we rally our courage with stronger determination and find that winning strategy, you have gone too far and accomplish too much to be deserters and flee the battle feild.

Three times Rome went to the British Isles and got their asses kicked, going back to Rome with their heads between their tails, and on the fourth trip the wise general who had studied the previous failures had all the Roman ships burned, so that retreat was no longer an option, then and only then did they succeed.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 10:28 am 
Lead Spammer / Spammeur en chef

It is true that you guys made some mistakes in the latest kickstarter, but now you see chat you didi wrong. Like Yoseph, i beleive of the potential in the game, the need for the app to have enough graphics to be easily understandable, but not enough to focalize attention. Especially now that everyone has a smartphone, and most hve tablets.

By orienatting the game towards community (authors, painters, scenariis), showing the difference between ex illis and everything else, and especially focussing on the fact that everyone can play, I am positive you guys can do it!

At the peak of the hype, background, scenariis, your fanbase did a lot. Using it, along with your fabulous illustration, could be a huge sucess!

Part du principe que j'ai toujours raison, tu gagneras du temps
Life is a game, play it your way

http://ex-illis.com/wikipl/Category:Cadwe

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 7:19 pm 
Bleeding Edge Knight

good ideas :)

OfflineProfile