It is currently Sun May 20, 2018 3:57 pm

Post subject: Look what you started.
PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 10:15 am 

I know that Ex Illis wasn't technically the first attempt at a computer moderated ruleset, but I think it was the first to call attention to the "main stream" war-gamers.

I've always hoped that, success or fail, that doing so would prompt others to try it as well.

Well Golem Arcana goes retail this month, another attempt at integrating software to handle the crunchy bits of a minatures game. And it's recently been announced that Fantasy Flight, one of the biggest board game publishers out there, is going to include a required app for their X-COM board-game.

So even if people aren't exactly lining up to play Ex Illis anymore, it certainly looks to me like it's inspired or encouraged people to take bold steps. For that I applaud the Ex Illis team, and say "well done."

II Kings 6:16

OfflineProfile  
 Post subject: Re: Look what you started.
PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 1:13 pm 

Well said.
I think that everyone who ever played Ex will allways remember it as the game that started revolution.

OfflineProfile