It is currently Sun Oct 21, 2018 11:32 am

Post subject: Server upgrade
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 1:52 pm 
I could not be a traitor to Edward, for I was never his subject.

I will be upgrading the server & storage devices, as we would soon be hitting the limit, and to prepare for the next patch. I expect the upgrade to be taken care of before the end of the week. We will most probably be losing connectivity for a few hours at a time.

OfflineProfile  
 Post subject: Re: Server upgrade
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:44 pm 
Bleeding Edge Knight

THANKS FOR ALL THE WORK THAT GOSES ON BEHIND THE SENCES

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 3:58 am 

A new patch you say? I'm excited! Thoguh I see that Yosef is about a million times more excited than I am. :D

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 7:19 am 
Lead Spammer / Spammeur en chef

i wonder whats coming.....

Part du principe que j'ai toujours raison, tu gagneras du temps
Life is a game, play it your way

http://ex-illis.com/wikipl/Category:Cadwe

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 3:47 pm 

The server hardware has been upgraded. Network bandwidth is now unlimited at 100mbps rather than being a cost for me over 20mbps. Software patches will take place in the following days.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 5:11 pm 

Ill be keeping a look out for anything new :D

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 3:43 pm 
Bleeding Edge Knight

Thumbs up to new stuff!!!!

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 5:17 pm 

Has anything been said about an iPad update so deamon units can be used? Also does any one know how to get lucifer to attack on the iPad? I can do everything with hin except charge. Very disappointing. Works fine on pc but I use my iPad to play the game and so far I haven been able to use him in. Game :( .

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:35 pm 

Yep, the new update is tied to those systems, and should provide a working version for the ipod/ipads

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 8:28 am 

Wish some one would patch mass effect threes ending..,..

Thanks WW :)

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 1:22 pm 
Bleeding Edge Knight

C.williams wrote:

Its not bad, I liked it.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 7:41 am 

My optimistic side hopes for a Fallen angel hero with this update.

...Is there...?

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 7:46 am 

MadNes wrote:
C.williams wrote:

Its not bad, I liked it.

Really? the ending was horrible, it made no sense! none of the war assets counted, to the ending, i wanted to see a elcor get down and busy with a mini gun :P
All it was, was a way to put out DLC later, for a extra 10 bucks :P

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:08 pm 
Bleeding Edge Knight

Having all war assets let u unlock the secret 3rd choice. But its hard to get. Although, i've never been a fan of, " and they all lived hapilly ever after", the game did make me feel like it was all for nothing.

But the more I thought about it, the more it made sense, and the more I liked it.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:12 pm 
Bleeding Edge Knight

Btw - a happy ending would have been more condusive to DLC. They live happily ever after but, straggler reaper, resurgent batarians, organized vorcha etc, are now a threat to the weakend alliance.

I think maybe they just wanted to throw in a twist n outsmarted themselves.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 12:24 am 

Oh well, now that we have derailed the topic...

I've never played Mass Effect (well, the first one briefly at a friend's house), but I can understand the happy ending thing. I Game Master tabletop RPGs, and I think most players want something of a 'happy ending' if not bitter sweet or just the general 'and they ride off into the sun set' kinda ending. Sacrifice and downer endings seem alright with tv series or movies, but for something which the players have put a huge amount of effort and emotional investment in, I think it's just plain cruel. Made worse by the fact that, if I understand correctly, the endings tell very little about the other characters in your squad. The least interesting character in your party is, in a few people's opinion, Shepard, and yet he/she had the focus at the end and the other characters were ignored.

Let's not get into the God Child (or whatever) which some people think, narratively, just appeared out of nowhere. Sure, you can justify the REASON in the story, but narratively, suddenly having a new villian appear out of nowhere in the final chapter is relatively poor story telling. Most people prefer to have a climactic battle with whom was called the "Illusive Man" I think.

Ofcourse if the 'real' ending comes with the DLC "for only $9.99!", and not free like people are vocally demanding, then I can be certain that Electrinic Arts' reputation will plunge lower than it already has.

......just.....just don't support this kind of business practice please. I beg you, those who play video games...

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 2:41 am 

With the new planned upgrade will we finally get demon units on iPad/ iPods?

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 7:37 am 

But madness, the endings are not real! they are a dream, you never really make it up to the citadel, the "secrete ending" is the same as the control reapers one. All those two endings do, is turn you into a husk, as you have given in to the reaper indoctrination.
I dnt need a happy ending we are all going to be okay, i wanted a ending that was not like "WTF?" I can see what they were going for, and it did not work, and it seems alot of fans agree.

The thing is, to get the good destroy reapers ending, you dnt need to do any of the side quests, get any war assets at all, since you get the min amount in the main story, so what's the point? it just throws away half the game.

I think a happy ending, we won and the reapers are all gone, now we have to rebuild all out civilised society, deal with the remaining ground forces, deal withthe thousand of worlds lost, the culture and artefacts that have been destroyed , and entire races almost whipped outl which was the hub of galactic power . is not really to happy ? huh?

also madness there are 16 endings Supposedly in the game, they are all pretty much the same. If you listen to what the boy says, it makes no sense, synthetics and organics cnt work together? what about us an legion, what about all the geth out side with the organics?

dnt get me wrong, the dream thing makes a great sub ending, but not a ending, not closure to the 100s of hours people have invested, and the ending it's self, lives little chose , and over all most of the game pretty pointless.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 12:56 pm 
Bleeding Edge Knight

@ Williams... you may be right...

What was tha point of doing all that extra stuff.

I like that the god child was a synthetic that turned on organics and now harvests organics so the same never happens to him. But your right it seems kind of pointless to do the extra stuff that doesn't make a diffence.

on a side note - 16 endings? no way!!

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 2:19 pm 

MadNes wrote:
@ Williams... you may be right...

What was tha point of doing all that extra stuff.

I like that the god child was a synthetic that turned on organics and now harvests organics so the same never happens to him. But your right it seems kind of pointless to do the extra stuff that doesn't make a diffence.

on a side note - 16 endings? no way!!

According to bio ware, but from what every one is seeing they are 95% the same, with slight differences. Mainly the ending when people get off the "crashed ship" whos there and who is not.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 7:51 pm 
Bleeding Edge Knight

and the color of the energey shot to the mass relays lol... you're right, it is lame.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 8:13 pm 

MadNes wrote:
and the color of the energey shot to the mass relays lol... you're right, it is lame.

I told you soo.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 1:40 pm 

Are we looking at a full release for all 3 platforms (Windows, Mac, & iOS)? Dates?

Although we haven't played around here for a while, my friend and I are gearing up for a mini-campaign and it'd be nice to be able to use an updated version.

From what I can find on the main web site here, the download links point to versions still standing at 1.204, and the iOS version on the app store is 1.2.

I've seen a link here on the forums for "ExIllisV1.300Update.exe", but that's it. Is it an updater or a full install? I only have a Mac and iPad 1, but I suppose I could fire up Fusion and try to install the game there...

At any rate, both my buddy and I really like this game and we'd like to get full use of our collections with the least hassle, so an update to the software would be extremely appreciated.

See my bug report thread from last year:

http://forum.ex-illis.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4232

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 3:23 pm 

I'm really chomping at the bit for them to release v1.3 for iOS so that I can finally play some deamon mods. I just hope that some one comes out with a patch for it sooner rather than later. Until then I shall persevere. But I will be a little put down if they release some more minis and they too are not available to iOS players. It does limit the market of users.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 3:57 pm 

The next release is for all devices.

We have updated our host, there is still a few changes required for the emails, and as such a few of them could get in the junk mail in the mean time. We are now using a new firewall as the old one died on us. Changed the UPS batteries to keep the important hardware well protected.

Software side, the server has been updated to all the latest version for everything that was required. Deamon hordes are getting items, new areas will be unlocked as soon as I get the background images. A few new named items are getting added, and the probability of finding one will be greater than before.

The next hero will be battle ready, but we haven't settled on the bit producer or how to manage it for now.

I'll ask it here;

1: would you be interested in buying a new decurion for which there is a special code unlocking the new hero status, along with a metal bit upgrade representing the exact model changes ?

2: would you be interested in buying a new decurion, for which there is a special code unlocking the new hero status for a smaller fee, but where you have to mod the decurion yourself ?

3: would you be interested in buying a special code allowing you to upgrade one of your decurion to the new model for a middle price, only receiving a metal mod to apply to him ?

4: would you be interested in buying a special code allowing you to upgrade one of your decurion to the new model for the smallest price, having to mod your own decurion ?

OfflineProfile