It is currently Sun Sep 23, 2018 3:36 pm

Post subject: Re: Server upgrade
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 4:07 pm 

For me it would be option 1. The whole thing in one shiny new box. Better for receiving as a gift too. But I can understand the other options you have given. Glad to here things are on the move. :D

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 6:12 pm 

Good to know I didn't buy that Ipad for nothing. :lol:

Options 1,3 and maybe 4 for me:
  • Option 1: a new product, by far the best marketing option.
  • Option 3 because I have 3 unbuild decurions myself, and you'd sell extra starters for the decurion in it.
  • And 4 In case producing the bits takes a year, so we can start playing. But I'm not a fan of modding your own: You'll need the Nephilim's wings (what's left of them :) ), but you probably want to field him with a unit of Nephilims to. :?

If you're looking for a bit producer, contact HiveTrygon from Troll Forged Miniatures. He's working on a new material way better than finecast. And he's is working with defiance games who use the same digital sculpting method as Bastion, so he has some experience.
If that's not working out contact Tre Manor of Red Box Games he´s an awesome sculptor and his style really is close to Ex Illis models.
I hope this info is helpfull. :geek:

Lord Ok

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 7:57 pm 

Good to see my 32 bucks donated did something good ;)

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:03 pm 

I agree with Lord Ok 1 and 3 would be the best options.
1 is what new player would want the most and 3 adds a nice option for those that have been playing and collecting for some time.

P.S put me down for 3 of 1 ;)

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 4:33 pm 

Which ever th option that becomes available I just hope its included in the iPad update. Think ill have. Mini celebration when that's released :lol: :lol: :lol:

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 5:44 pm 
Lead Spammer / Spammeur en chef

any news about the witch hut? what exactly would the decurion look like?

Part du principe que j'ai toujours raison, tu gagneras du temps
Life is a game, play it your way

http://ex-illis.com/wikipl/Category:Cadwe

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 2:36 pm 
I could not be a traitor to Edward, for I was never his subject.

The witch hut does not change the decurion look, it's far from the new unit. Anyway, it was still totally unbalanced, and at this point I can't fix it all for now.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 5:42 pm 

With any new mini releases when do we think they will be available in the uk? I'm assuming they would hitnthe uk shops at a later date then other countries just like the deamons and lucifer. Unless I'm mistaken on this fact.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 6:01 pm 
Bleeding Edge Knight

William Wallace wrote:
The next release is for all devices.

I'll ask it here;

1: would you be interested in buying a new decurion for which there is a special code unlocking the new hero status, along with a metal bit upgrade representing the exact model changes ?

2: would you be interested in buying a new decurion, for which there is a special code unlocking the new hero status for a smaller fee, but where you have to mod the decurion yourself ?

3: would you be interested in buying a special code allowing you to upgrade one of your decurion to the new model for a middle price, only receiving a metal mod to apply to him ?

4: would you be interested in buying a special code allowing you to upgrade one of your decurion to the new model for the smallest price, having to mod your own decurion ?

B team, I think he would be a tragic mistake to sell the upgrade code and have people modify existing models. The best possible scenario is to sell a new decuiron with an additional plastic resin cast bits ( resin cast is the cheapest and most affordable way to make bits )
There may even be a company that has 25 MM heads and hands with different swords that could work with the existing model, and an arrangement could be made with them, but in one weekend you could cast hundreds of pieces. Its not hard at all .

Having two with three options of heads for dark and sinister looks with scimitar or dark looking swords, for the dark angel . I'm sure I would purchase several.
With each new code and using an existing unit a mod kit that can take the model in different directions is your winning strategy for people purchasing more units, and selling existing stocks. Because your existing models are in several pieces their ideal for adding mod bits to

Several of my units have been converted using Lord of the Rings 25mm lines, but most of the people aren't as crazy as I am to spend an extra $25.00 for a box of miniatures only to use their heads and weapon arms . So the option of people doing their own modifications will be only a few crazies like me.
I would much rather purchase those bit modifications with new codes from Bastion and I really think most others would agree.
would be happy to help you make that possible even know a few sculptors that could donate to the project, and there's one or two other players in Exillis that are pretty fine sculptors, that might be willing to exchange their time for a few units.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 6:07 pm 
Bleeding Edge Knight

William Wallace wrote:
The witch hut does not change the decurion look, it's far from the new unit. Anyway, it was still totally unbalanced, and at this point I can't fix it all for now.

you got beta testers here that might be able to help in the balancing act

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 7:40 am 

Option 3 for me, but to be honest I'll go with whatever's the most cost effective for Bastion.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 1:32 pm 

R.i.p ex illis........ At least in my house :cry: . Had to update my iPad so no way to play anymore at the mo :(

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 4:20 pm 

I really would love to be able to play again on my iPad as i have upgraded myself as well!

Cheers

Jens

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 10:33 pm 

For the fallen decurion my personal preference would be to see a complete kit, everything in one pack.

I have however a suggestion of my own to add to your considerations:

Sell a single archangel sprue & bases with a code that you can use to assemble either a pair of decurions, fallen decurions or one of each.

You could sell this either like the villains & arbelesters, in a baggie ordered direct or packaged if and when possible, but you would only need then to develop the codes.

From there you can look at developing a distinct decurion sprue later as well as any other types of angels, of which i have seen hints here and there.

It could also work well if you cretaed a kit that uses the angel bits left over after building a unit, rather than start from scratch.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 8:43 pm 

Another month goes by...

The announcement of the 1.3 update (for Windows only) was Jul 17, 2011. It was never linked to on the home page, and nothing was seen for other platforms, either.

I think we've been patient enough. Granted the company's had financial issues, but if you can't continue, say so and we'll move on.

A few months back I reverse-engineered the system and got a working text version of the game system going, minus the goofy economics. I've got enough info on how the system runs and data for both my buddy's troops and my own, and in the end, that's probably all I'm ever going to get out of Ex Illis / Bastion going forward. I just want to get some value out of the miniatures I've spent a bundle on.

I'd love to be proven wrong, but the way things are going, I really doubt it.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 1:31 pm 

Any news about patch and other thinks like Evil Decurion or Witch Hut? Please, tell us that things are on the move...

OfflineProfile