It is currently Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:31 pm

Post subject: Pick up some product at a great price!
PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 2:32 am 

Check out these links to some new in the box (unopened and still with usable codes) product.

Great prices, if you want to get into Ex Illis, I have lots of product, new in box and will sell it at a discount. Even with shipping you will be saving big!

Nice way for new players to get into the game without spending too big!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/160795400452?ss ... 1555.l2649

http://www.ebay.com/itm/160795412247?ss ... 1555.l2649

OfflineProfile  
 Post subject: Re: Pick up some product at a great price!
PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 1:10 pm 

Another nice lot of product up for auction.

Enjoy!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/160795696296?ss ... 1555.l2649

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 2:06 pm 

Hello, Gebus, Forumites. First: I told you so. Second: MinIatures Market just announced a Clearance on Ex-illis. Third: I waited too long to sell my stuff.

Lucky for you, I'm moving, and as a result I dug my well painted units out of a dusty closet in a spare room this weekend. I will make a list of what I've got, and see who wants to offer me something for them. I'm actually considering crushing/burning/melting my units for a YouTube video to express how I feel about Bastion, and it's lack of honesty with the fans. Then again, a time lapse of them wearing down in the desert might better illustrate the madness of a furry and a mystic who can't see what everyone else does... Nah, that would take too long.

Anyway, here's me being bitter-sweet:

"Here's to the game that could have been,
Here's to the game that never was,
Here's to hope and imagination.
But frell those frelling liars and fools,
Who sold their friends on promises,
For a shot at William Wallace."

I'm not much of a poet.

Anyway, I'll get that list together. I would play a final game, but - oh! - the frelling app doesn't work. Good job guys. Also, did you buy the guy a new phone so he could make his product work? I can't believe he'd take advantage of what are obviously what a social worker would call "vulnerable adults" like that. Ha.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 3:39 am 
Bleeding Edge Knight

Prof. fate bitter to the end :roll:

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 9:53 am 

Grounded - I hate to put the Mockers on your 'holier than thou' pronouncements, but you you may be surprised to hear that Ex-Illis is currently undergoing a resurgence in the UK club scene.

We are building a solid player base in the middle of the country, and the game is actually expanding.

we Brits still enjoying it, even if some in the US aren't...

http://www.meeplesandminiatures.co.uk

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 2:05 pm 

Glad to hear that someone is still playing. My high hopes for this game were dashed by dishonesty, and I am sad that all the potential of computer assisted gaming has been set back a few years by this ill-fated enterprise. Mostly, I'm just amused by how "dead" the ex-illis scene is, long after it died. I called it dead when it was first bankrupt, and I think that's effectively true. The software is bad, the company is dishonest, and the fluff is terrible. It's too bad though, because in more capable hands this game might have grown into something that was actually good. I held out for a long time, and check the forums regularly, but this game is dead, with maybe an exception in the UK. How many players are active there? At least a few thousand, I hope. Less than 100? Dead game. Hopefully the next company to make a computer assisted game will do a better job. I expect this to happen in about ten years. In the meanwhile, I've memorized the names of the design team, so I never accidentally send a dollar in their direction again.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 3:22 pm 

groundedcontrol wrote:
Mostly, I'm just amused by how "dead" the ex-illis scene is, long after it died. I called it dead when it was first bankrupt, and I think that's effectively true. The software is bad, the company is dishonest, and the fluff is terrible.

Wow... congrats, you declared the game dead before someone else did... amazing! :o
I don't see why you ever played this "bad software" game with the "terrible fluff", they must have forced you a gun to your head to play this game.
I assume you didn't get any pleasure out of those "well painted units". :?:

I as well expected this company to make millions and start a thousand year dynasty, just like all other starting companies in the miniature gaming business.
Just like you my hart filled with rage, when without a warning my unrealistic expectations were shattered. Imagine how the Bastion crew must have felt when they did this to you. :roll:
You poor fellow.. :cry: I can see this all justifies your hate poems and to threat William Wallace over the internet. :|

You bet on the wrong horse and lost, deal with it..
Don't sling your mud here.

Lord Ok

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 5:14 pm 

LordOk, I had written something like five paragraphs before my browser crashed. Here's a TL;DR for you.

I liked the idea of computer assisted gaming. I wanted this idea to succeed. I was convinced I was purchasing a game that while still very rough around the edges was being actively and lovingly improved upon with player input being taken seriously. I bought some stuff, I played some games. I watched the terrible animations, mediocre art, and thought "This is just the beginning, these guys are growing fast". I thought that because I was fed it. As it turned out it was a lie. They were in financial trouble before I ever bought a unit. They ignored any fan input that wasn't the equivalent of a wank, and improved nothing. They lied about having trouble, and if you remember, they lied about how the code actually worked. Do you remember when they accidentally released a dev version of the game where the console didn't have any text to obscure the math? I do. I discovered that their "Incredibly complex system" was meaninglessly complex, determined outcomes before the results screen was clicked, and thos results were just the roll of a zocchihedron (effectively). They lied about this too. I don't know if they thought I was having a problem with the interface, or what, but they dodged the question about the actual visible console information entirely.

After that fateful Christmas vacation, they have been stringing along the gullible to help them liquefy their left over stock of mediocre miniatures, that nobody wants to pay retail for. And a few of you have done so, either out of a sense of loyalty to liars, or pure gullibility.

If the game makes a resurgence in the UK, that's fine with me. The idea lives. But the idea, and the people are two seperate things. The people are dishonest, and condescending. I don't like them, and while I hope that computer assisted gaming grows, I hope that the Bastion Boys have no hand in its future.

So, go on and pretend that I'm the poster boy for your epithet of choice, but like it or not, I am simply expressing pity. Pity for the people fooled into throwin money at these liars, and pity for an entire idea being set back ten years by Bastion's fumbles.

I liked this idea. I hope someone comes along and does it right, and soon.

Here's a TL;DR of my TL;DR:

I liked the idea, but this company sucks at doing it, and lies to the people they sell to.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 5:20 pm 

Lord Ok wrote:
Don't sling your mud here.

Lord Ok

Why? Nothing else seems to be happening on these forums. I think I might be the last exciting thing about this place.

Also, what threat? I'm saying what actually happened. It's all here recorded on these very forums, and I'm not the only person who feels this way, I'm just the only person with even a hint of curiosity to see how long the wreckage will continue to smolder.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 10:44 pm 
Bleeding Edge Knight

ground control said
They ignored any fan input that wasn't the equivalent of a wank, and improved nothing.

I have actually found quite the opposite so many of ideas posted on the forum made it into later versions of the game I've actually never met a gaming company that's spent more time listening to their players then Bastion.

as to the "lies" not sharing information is not lying and many times several of my companies were hanging by a thread but I had to present the vision the hope and desire, there is a great movie about Tucker that illustrates the determination and tenacity can overcome the broken reality.

But I can understand someone that was taking jabs at people from the very beginning would not be listened to or appreciated.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 3:24 pm 

yosefbender wrote:
But I can understand someone that was taking jabs at people from the very beginning would not be listened to or appreciated.

Maybe you need to go back and look at the record of each of my messages on this forum from day one (easy to do, by the way... I just did it).

Let's see:
Compliment, introduction, inspired a useful thread, helped a friend resolve a problem with the site, got help with software problems, complimented Bastion, got excited about the Econ system... And so on. The first instance of rudeness from me came during a discussion in which someone was saying angels and demons were real and he had physically seen them. :roll: I think I even apologized at some point, even though such a claim is ridiculous.

I then continued to be polite, applied for BEK status, helped new players when I had answers, contributed to ideas, devoted my free time to bug testing, attempted to organize bug testing formally, and lent polite critical evaluation to ideas. Only after a few of you zealots decided to start crapping all over everything I posted as though I were flipping you off while saying it, did I ever become rude. It's all there. I have little doubt I might have been one of the strongest supporters of this game, and I would have continued to be, if it weren't for being lied to by the staff, and sh*t on by the "diehard" idiots suggesting terrible things like painting with their own blood, and adding more "real" things to the world... Like earth golems... Be ause those are truly real. :roll:

Seriously. Bastion must know you two are stupid, and they are certainly taking advantage of you. Now, if you would like to take a step back and re-evaluate how you treat others around here, I'd be more than happy to stop returning fire. Meanwhile, I actually am typing this with my left hand while flipping you off with my right.

Do you disagree? Are you an A-hole? Go ahead and check the history of my posts for yourself, starting from the very first. I know what they say.

:evil: now I'm off to pull an inverse MadNes on all the miniatures/iOS app/war gaming sites I can find, and I think I will make a video about ex-illis for the youtubes. No such thing as bad publicity, I hope.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 9:36 pm 
Bleeding Edge Knight

my troubled friend,

I'm sure you've struggled with this assessment before, I'm sorry you feel people have "lied"to you. There is a way to share insights that are empowering and ways to communicate in a very disempowering manner which always produces a worse result. I'm sure you've been modeled and then communication style. Perhaps your intent has always been noble, but many of your comments, come across as offensive, which separates you from people that would gladly welcome you into their company. It's clear to me you have a clear and brilliant mind and insightful thoughts I encourage you to seek out nonviolent communication practices that will assist you in communicating more effectively.

I sincerely hope You have a rich and rewarding life, and you find the gaming environment that you can enjoy. There are other computer moderated rule sets out there by the way many of which you can customize any army to, so you may want to seek those out. I believe "skull cleaver" would be the most appropriate to this genre.

In hope of a better world
Yosef Bender

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 10:25 pm 

Well, thank you. I will go check out some of the other computer moderated offerings. They even have a sci fi game!

Yeah, I changed my avatar to Prof. Fate after I started seeing people bring me up in threads I hadn't even commented on, as though I were a villain. My avatar is satirical of the treatment I got around here for not thinking that this game, the miniatures, and the software were the best thing since sliced bad.

Really, I know Ex was fighting an uphill battle when it was born, but the zealotry of the fans, and some of the behavior of 'Nes and Friedrich on other forums, really made it hard for many people to take this game seriously. It was like anything: Hype it too much, exaggerate even a little, and everyone decides that it's a sales pitch. And this one was thin. The fans called the software "state of the art" but it looked like it was ten years old right off the bat. It was buggy, and there were some minor quibbles about the quality of the miniatures. They were reasonably good, but the fans kept saying that they were the best, which they clearly aren't.

The point is, the claims/promises made (bot by bastion wnd their fans) far outreached this game, and this company's ability to deliver.

If you give me a set of keys to a decent studio apartment, I might be happy or sad, depending on whether or not you promised me a low budget place to stay, or a luxury penthouse. Obviously, if you promised more than you gave, I'll be unimpressed, or even a bit angry.

All this crap I've been catching has come from me simply saying "Hey don't oversell this. It's hurting the impression others have of this game."

Well into my experience here, I learned that Bastion had effectively called their target audience, and myself by extension, "elitist nerds." If I had been aware of that particular part of their about page before purchasing, I simply wouldn't have invested to begin with.

Seriously. Elitist nerds? While everyone here was going on about how this game was so much better than all the terrible games GW makes, and how dumb the players of such games were (another sizable chunk of potential buyers insulted).

Oh. Here. Have this:

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 10:38 pm 

As for the lies, I recall that WW did lie directly to me via email about things being "fine" right before the shutdown (I was in direct contact with him as I was bug testing about six hours per day at the time, and providing daily reports. The bastion team also effectively said the same thing here in forums. Being on the verge of bankruptcy is not the same as "all's well."

Yes, I do feel like when a person lies directly to me - not just the public in general - that I have a right to take it personally. Still, I stuck around and waited. I waited for new promises to be kept. And while some were kept after a long delay, many more were not kept at all. No new product has been pressed in over a year. Old inventory is still being cleared, as far as I can tell. Every retailer except totalwargamer is clearing the dusty boxes of unsold ex-illis from their shelves, and personally I think totalwargamer is making a mistake. Even the online stores are ditching their year old boxes of the stuff. Do you really think more of this product will actually ever see the light of day?

If the Bastion boys really were doing this out of their love for the game, open source software wuold be available, so some of us could tweak and fix it. Add new units, and abilities. This game might stand a chance of staying around long term with a whole community working on further developments.

Anyway, that's enough explanation.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 6:57 pm 
Bleeding Edge Knight

Well, to get this back on topic, thanks Gebus for the deals ;) They arrived safe and sound and I'm re-excited to play the game again

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 2:47 pm 
Bleeding Edge Knight

I have to agree with you groundedcontrol, I have always felt Bastion biggest tactical error was in trying to go after the computer games market, there graphics simply are too cheesy for any computer gamer to enroll in, every computer gamer I showed the game to responded pretty much the same " why do you waste time with those miniatures" the computer gamer is different bird from the tabletop gamer although there are people that play both.

As a tabletop gamer I have always insisted that the graphics would be cut out of the program and replaced with simple top-down view of unit blocks so that you could save the game and have a battle report to share and put in your archives. I still think if they will let go of their original vision of bridging to gaming worlds and focus on what tabletop miniature gamer want they can turn this company around, I would even find the investment capital for them. But I have offered many times to offer my assistance free of charge and have not had any reply.

But all the other issues I would have to respectfully disagree, but they have been heavily filtered through your perspective and that many other players have experienced a completely different experience.

as far as the elitist nerd, I agree with you that that was poorly communicated but what I think they were trying to show was that it wasn't necessary to memorize a thick rulebook to play the game, and indeed I have found I can play the game with many people that would never play a rule-book and dice game.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 5:55 pm 
I could not be a traitor to Edward, for I was never his subject.

groundedcontrol wrote:
As for the lies, I recall that WW did lie directly to me via email about things being "fine" right before the shutdown (I was in direct contact with him as I was bug testing about six hours per day at the time, and providing daily reports. The bastion team also effectively said the same thing here in forums. Being on the verge of bankruptcy is not the same as "all's well."

It's thread digging but ..

It was not known to me, and I was surprised too when I learned I was out of job after taking 3 weeks of vacation. If I had known, I would certainly not have used my stashed money on my vacations, nor took vacation at all.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 7:25 pm 
Bleeding Edge Knight

Wow, that is going way back.

Curious why you felt the need to address this.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 8:27 pm 
I could not be a traitor to Edward, for I was never his subject.

I was pointed out as a liar somewhere else from this thread, and I had to explain myself. I didn't want the same to happen again.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 8:51 am 
Bleeding Edge Knight

this particular person was unhappy from the very beginning, I think I was called a few nasty things also. But bottom line you have always done the right and noble thing and I believe one of the reasons Exillis remains is because of your tireless work thank you so much for your contribution to this amazing game.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 1:26 pm 
Bleeding Edge Knight

Poor GC, he was an angry fellow. I hope he found a game that makes him happy and meets all his little gamer heart's desires.

Anyhow, onward and upward.

OfflineProfile