It is currently Wed May 22, 2019 12:36 pm

Post subject: I would buy more miniatures right now...
PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 8:08 am 

...if i could play and configure everything offline without need for a global account and access to the website.

I helped testing the beta iPhone software, have written a long german review and really really love the game and the mix between miniatures and software.

I planned to order various more miniatures just before the "break" occured - since then, even after the re-start i couldn't convince myself to buy something new again.

I asked myself about the cause and decided to share it with all of you, so maybe it could help Bastion to understand at least one customer a little better ;-).

What's inside me at the moment is the fear of investing into a dying game i couldn't play anymore soon.

I have many other old games, where companies stopped existing long ago, that i still play a lot, what summerizes my concerns about Ex-Illis at the moment.

If sometime in the near future Bastion wouldn't exist anymore (fingers crossed that this will not happen!!!) i think i couldn't play Ex-Illis with all its Glory anymore.

So i ask myself, if it wouldn't be a good idea to have all features of the website offline available in the client, so on demand a player could just play the whole game without intenet access ever.

I am sure that i would definetely start buying again if something like this would be available (or of course ;-) if Ex-Illis is completely back and strong again, with no concerns at all for the coming years of short time end-of-lifecycle).

What do others think about it?

Cheers

Jens

PS @Bastion: If you think that my post is in anyway too offending for your actional need for sales, please feel free to just delete it! I mean it like i said it, i love the game and won't do anything to hurt it - i just want to talk about it!

OfflineProfile  
 Post subject: Re: I would buy more miniatures right now...
PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 10:37 am 
I could not be a traitor to Edward, for I was never his subject.

It's sad that you won't buy any more stuff without the full offline play; it's not something I would like to do, as it would require quite a lot of work to build, and we have already paid for the server/internet service/DNS for quite some time...

If you do a DNS lookup, you'll see that I registered things up to 2020-02-02 =)

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 5:12 pm 

It's not about never buying anything new anymore without the offline playability.

It's just right now, without too few positive signs for a bright and shiny future of Ex-Illis, on the Web, in print magazines, faires or availability in retail stores and stuff like that.

I hope part or all of this will change soon, so i can convince myself too buy again ;-)

Best

Jens

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 7:12 am 

I know were your coming from Regenwolke, I feel the same....... but im going for it this weekend. Im on holiday in the south of england..going to pick up another starter set on the way back home from Totalwargamer. somone has to get the ball rolling

OfflineProfile