It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2019 3:38 am

Post subject: Broken wing raiders vs. Brec´Helean Defenders - Half starter
PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 5:08 am 

I and my friend played many battles with our half starters. I played Brec´Helean, he played BWR. And we have a problem. When I deploy my Franc Chevaleurs, I always lose, because they have "Impetous" ability, so he move with ympes and FC must attack, then he charge with his Billmens and defeat the FC. When I put them in reserve, I always win, because they charge at the Billmens and kill the whole unit. So, how to play BWR vs. my Francs in reserve? The worst thing is, that I want to buy another FC and Baneret, and he says, that he doesn´t buy anything, because it´s for nothing - he thing that FC are invincible...

OfflineProfile  
 Post subject: Re: Broken wing raiders vs. Brec´Helean Defenders - Half sta
PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 2:34 pm 
Bleeding Edge Knight

The quick answer is terrain

If you make chavaliers charge through terrain they loose their charge bonus, now they are not hitting very hard... At all.

Also, instead of using ymps to set off the impetuous charge, use hobelars with ympes nearby. The lightning attack from an ympe unit is a great can opener.

Also, the level you are playing at matters. The starter gives you a good intro and is balanced at lower levels, but if spec'd the wrong way, battles can become lopsided. (one way or another based on abilities taken)

Another quick answer is grow your army. If u dont like knights, invest in more ympes, or some serjants spec'd to take a cavalry charge. Have some mendicum sing and augment your toughness or get have your friend get some knights of his own...

Trust me, chevaliers are FAR from unbeatable

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 3:09 pm 

Also arrange your forces so that you force the chevaliers to charge something they don't want to, ex. Villeins, and then you can charge them with your Billmen and wipe them out.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 4:24 pm 
Bleeding Edge Knight

make a 6 deep x 5 board, that way the back row will be in reserves ( and will not charge until you're ready to use them for the endgame)

also level up and they won't do this at higher levels.

When you're forces are that small you have to use the FC at the very end when the opponents units have been morally weakend and tired, then using the wedge charge, you can finish off unit by unit. If the FC do not finish off the unit and get locked in battle, if you can withdraw them it is better than tiring them out fighting in less you can bring another unit to flank to finish off the unit.

OfflineProfile