It is currently Sun May 19, 2019 10:20 pm

Post subject: Using Lucifer
PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 9:52 am 

I am curious to hear about others use of Lucifer and the experience they had with him. I am hoping to have my hands on one soon and once I do I will be pushing the game again to get some gaming going with my friends. Really with our busy schedules Ex Illis simple and easy to get going game setup is the best option. Plus it's mother freakin Lucifer, come on! I gotta play him.

So what is the best way to use him to get the most bang for your dollar so to speak before he gets bored and moves along ?
That being said, what is a poor use for him ? What should I avoid ?
And what is a good army or units to go with him ?

OfflineProfile  
 Post subject: Re: Using Lucifer
PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 12:41 pm 
Bleeding Edge Knight

Lucifer,
before the last revision was terrifying especially at anything goes level 77 a plague of magnanimous proportions. They did a little revision on him so he has much more weaknesses than before. Obviously the higher level you play him the more powerful he is even with equal level units.

the most careful thing you have to do is not used dimensional strike in less you ready for him to exit, and that's usually only worth using if there are three strong units of the enemy in that tile.

Best is to teleport him to the backside of the enemy's camp, where the weaker morale units tend to be terrified and flee , using the normal attack skill, you usually always eliminate one when they try to fight back seldom do they hit, and usually you take out one or two more. and with his initiative he usually gets two turns for every one turn your opponents units get.

he is much more susceptible to missile fire and fighting against him I have often taken Lucifer out by pouring missile fire on top of him.

Another strategy is to use his magical skills and holding him in the background until enemy units are worn down with morale and then use his intimidation to scare them away.

I spent several hundred thousand gold pieces to equip a level 75 Decurion along with a unit of 75lv Angels to go up against him in hand-to-hand, and I was not able to achieve it, he beat them almost every time.

I actually have more strategies on how to kill the guy, as my sons Army has the evil Army and he has two Lucifer's, two nephlim, two emissaries in his dark Army.it's quite a challenge to beat him with that Army. But I love challenges :)

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 2:58 pm 
Bleeding Edge Knight

Perhaps Yosef is a better player than I am, but Lucifer is hard to use. He is a finess piece for sure.

Things not to do - do not go charging into stuff alone. Because he is Lucifer your opps will focus on him and quickly swarm him. Once you are outnumbered you will feel the need to dimensional strike - he will go emo and leave

Dont bother attacking lightweights - every point from a kill is precious, dont waste it killing peasants

Things to consider -

Leave him in reserve. He gets a bagillion turns and acts more rapidly than you want him to. Give your army a chance to get in position and let him catch up.

Remember your stances & powers. Yeah he's a killing machine, but remember there is more than one way to skin a cat. Focus on breaking units rather wiling them out. With lucifer breaking a unit is harder to do than killing it outright.

Expect to loose him - I dont think its possible to win without him killing his points worth of stuff. However if you plan ahead, you can use powers that will continue to kill stuff after he's gone. Also, when you are about to go, remember to get into the thick of things and dimensional strike. That way, you get your points worth since you were leaving anyway.

Pair him up with other scary things. Emy and soffrance work really well thematically. The morale crushing charge of the chevaliers isn't bad either.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 3:04 pm 
Bleeding Edge Knight

Dont let him get bogged down by a high morale, high armor unit.

Dont forget he will counter strike and charge react a lot. Factor that in to your kill count.

Tougher units cost more. Make sure u only have to kill 1 model to get rid of the squad - see catapaults and suppressing fire from archers.

Dont make your army build too elite, your force will get chewed up when he leaves.

Dont let him DIE - Lucifer should NEVER die. If he does, your a horrible player and you should take up marbles or checkers

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 5:38 pm 
Bleeding Edge Knight

him
Dont let him DIE - Lucifer should NEVER die. If he does, your a horrible player and you should take up marbles or checkers[/quote]

it take three units of long bowmen to kill him with a few monks chanting the hallelujah target him chorus,

I have not had much success with catapults against him,

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 6:16 pm 
Bleeding Edge Knight

If you let lucifer die, your doing something horribly wrong, regardless of what he's fighting.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 10:24 pm 
Bleeding Edge Knight

when your ready to see him die lets play a game ;) I let you have him :twisted:

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 2:28 pm 
Bleeding Edge Knight

When are you comming back to Chicago

Only have the web on my iPhone & at work.

You know I have a winning streak against you anyway 8-)

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 8:47 pm 
Bleeding Edge Knight

:lol: :lol: :lol:

your days of grace are over Madness :ugeek:

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 12:19 am 
Bleeding Edge Knight

We'll see. Maybe adepticon, maybe gen con

Fyi - only 1 S ;)