It is currently Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:10 pm

Post subject: Re: player strategy
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 9:46 am 
Bleeding Edge Knight

Lord Ok wrote:
MadNes wrote:
new units on a regular schedule... thats life... servers are maintenance.

So tell me... How are they going to afford to program new units on a regular schedule :?:

Are you going to sit and wait till they win the lottery? or help them a little by introducing new players who buy stuff? :P

Lord Ok

I don't think think there is anyone here, who hasn't received a bastion paycheck, that has done more to promote this game than I have...

So yeah, I'm going to wait until they hit the lottery.

@willimas - Emi is easy to bring down. Its the damned angels that give me hell.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 12:14 pm 
Bleeding Edge Knight

MadNes wrote:
Lord Ok wrote:
MadNes wrote:
new units on a regular schedule... thats life... servers are maintenance.

So tell me... How are they going to afford to program new units on a regular schedule :?:

Are you going to sit and wait till they win the lottery? or help them a little by introducing new players who buy stuff? :P

Lord Ok

I don't think think there is anyone here, who hasn't received a bastion paycheck, that has done more to promote this game than I have...

So yeah, I'm going to wait until they hit the lottery.

@willimas - Emi is easy to bring down. Its the damned angels that give me hell.

Madness: ahh Angels long bow fire and lightning bolt will quickly render them in effective
again you have to have the yimps at higher level so they can teleport further so the can get them in range. I give the long bow men items to increase there damage and accuracy
if they are fully loaded that can some times take out 4 in one shot and have the rest run home to big daddy in the sky

oh and I have not received a check ether :? I do not even get your cool badge :roll:

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 8:34 pm 
Bleeding Edge Knight

People are not just gonna sit tha angels there where bows n ympes can shred them. Angels are manuevarable, and fast. Only a poor player gets lightning-ed. Or on occassion a good player WWAAAAAAAYYYYYY, outsmarted by a better player. Im not saying they are undefeatable, im saying they are the best squad in tha game.

N there is a reason im the only person with this badge homie ;)

Truth is im trying to finish this album, so i havent gamed at all... :(

I miss gaming

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 1:46 am 
Bleeding Edge Knight

MadNes wrote:
People are not just gonna sit tha angels there where bows n ympes can shred them. Angels are manuevarable, and fast. Only a poor player gets lightning-ed. Or on occassion a good player WWAAAAAAAYYYYYY, outsmarted by a better player. Im not saying they are undefeatable, im saying they are the best squad in tha game.

N there is a reason im the only person with this badge homie ;)

Truth is im trying to finish this album, so i havent gamed at all... :(

I miss gaming

I spread my bowmen across the board usually three units sometime as only two but never one unit anymore, I played with as much as 8 units so its hard for the angels to be out of bow range .

I do love mine though there my deal closers , after a turn or two some I put them in the air and start hammering out pockets of Resistance like the bill-men and Fc I only hit units that have been hammered upon. I give them fatigue and initiative items as they are slow and tire essay. and I find a strategy to reduce the bow threat agent them. that why they wait untill the coast is clear.

Good luck on the new recording all my gaming stuff is still in Oregon just moved to Arizona but I finally be making real money again .

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 9:17 am 
Bleeding Edge Knight

Arizona huh.... nice.

lemme know when you visit Chicago, I will be sure to make some time game.

Anyway, you're back in giant army mode again talking about 3 - 8 units of bows. That just is not a realistic build against other opponenets. Nobody else in the states has 10 armies.

The most common build I've seen is 1000 pt incraments per level cap

so 1000 - 2000 pt games. We usually ran tourneys at 1000 because I was providing armies for everyone.

That being said if you could make a 1000 pt list with three units of bows and angels... Nah, the elite penalty points would tear you to shreds and you wouldn't have much else in the way of an army.

Even in a 2000 pt grand list 2, units of bows is the max, and they can be rather easy to deal with. (depending on positioning and player skill etc)

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 1:32 pm 
Bleeding Edge Knight

I have a trip to chi town in the near future i let you know it would be fun to play a game with you .

your right I do not really play skirmish level gaming with exillis I play army level gaming my lowest point level on my muster page is 6000 those in grand my highest is 347766 most games are in the 20 to 30 k range , I seldom every see penalty points at those level .

wow a 1000 points I not sure I could make a muster work there simply not enough elements there to work a battle plan.

I guess cadwee and I are the only ones out there with bigger armys and because I play against my son with his big army i forgotten how to play

what lv do you play these 1000 point games at??

again why would you buy a sports car and drive in first gear only ?
its all those skill options that combined make winning strategy's

put I will try to make a muster at a 1000 points one you tell me the level

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 4:22 pm 
Bleeding Edge Knight

yosefbender wrote:
again why would you buy a sports car and drive in first gear only ?

Some of us can't buy real sports cars, so we buy the hyundai tiburon....

yosefbender wrote:
I will try to make a muster at a 1000 points one you tell me the level

1000 - 1500 points common is what we played

or

2000 points grand.

Like I said, we didn't have big enough armies to go beyond that.

Also, its much easier to make a muster when you can throw in everything you want. The challenge (read:fun) is when you are constrained and have to make due with taking less than you would like. How do you use your tactics to overcome those limitations.... thats the fun.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 4:30 pm 
Bleeding Edge Knight

since right now I am sick in bed
I just played two common 1000 point games in the first game the blue side won in the second game red one and if I played another 100 such games it would probably even out . I was playing against my self playing just as hard for both side so I would say the player were equal in this experiment

my blue had a unit of spear-men lead by an Decurion and long bowmen that was the only unit I gave items to, my two units of peasants one lead by wallace a soffrance and unit of yimps put the FC in reserve.

the accuracy and Initiative: item on the bow men made most of the difference in game one. They we able to take out or weaken a good portion of red army Wallace and his men did well and the spear-man held on to the end when my FC showed up first that was the game finisher I also put the reds Fc in reserve but by the time they showed up it was to late .

game two
knowing the blue long bowmen were such a threat I concentrated my reds two units of yimps a marriane and long-bowman unit on them. they were taken out before they could do much damage I still thought blue would fair well but reds soffrace got Wallace the rest fled and my spear men got whittled down enough to be ineffective though they survived tilll the end, but they lost when the red FC got to the board first (even though I deployed the same both games so that when the blue Fc showed up blue war-band was to weak

conclusion:
Playing at that level with that low of points is more about luck yes a good player will bet a bad player most of the time but players that are near equal will just go back and forth, there is just not enough units for a true battle strategy .. at 30k+ points legendary the better player by even by a slight bit is going to win most of the games and a good player over a bad all the games .

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 4:44 pm 
Bleeding Edge Knight

This perception turned off a lot of the hard core gamers.

I think this is true about most war games. Evenly matched players will often have games decided by luck.

Games where one players is marekdly better than the other, the better player will win most of the time.

I think the same is true for ex.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 9:16 am 

Emmis are fodda ;) like Vilien

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 7:46 am 

How do you use Vileins?
I use them as guards of mangonel or arbalestiers, but they always die very soon... One charge from Hobilars or one shot from longbowmens, and they run from battlefield... How can I use them better?
My army compose from two Brec´Helean halfstarters, Mounted Baneret and one mangonel. So I haven´t got any other infantry, only soffrances, but they are slow to react...

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 8:19 am 

You could use them as bait to hold up enemies, so your Franc Chevaliers or Soffrances can charge the flank or rear.
They can feed your soffrances using the consume soul option. When they die they at least heal your soffraces.
Have them fight together with other units, outnumbering he enemy is very rewarding.

Lord Ok

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:46 am 
Bleeding Edge Knight

I use them to occupy the terrain, forcing ennemies to attack them (even if they flee, your ennemy is locked in the title for one round) or tire the enemy by avoiding them. I won this tournament using this technique.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 1:57 pm 

Thanks for tactic tips!
But there is problem with occupying... When they move forward, they are in Longbowmen´s and Ympes range. One shot and they are out of game... But yes, I sometimes use them to stand in front of mangonel, and hobilars must charge at them.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 10:07 am 

Question about Emissarius:
Is possible, to take down Emissarius like "normal" units, or is he supertough and I will use half of my army to slow his advance? Becouse my dad want to buy him, but I am afraid, that Emissarius will ruin the game... Maybe, with mangonel I may inflict some damage, but it probably doesn´t kill him...

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 11:23 pm 
Bleeding Edge Knight

if I'm playing against emissaries I insist deeper board six Tiles deep on the battlefield will usually do, I usually have three catapults and I equip their uniforms with increased initiative so that they load and fire in the same turn, use heavy boulders, I then follow-up with a minimum of two units of Bowman, usually you can take down an emissary before he does any damage. The root spell is also effective if you have two ladies devoted to keeping him stuck.
but you do not want to attack with any units always dispatch him with firepower and spells or be willing to sacrifice the unit I have used FC for the final kill when I know I have enough damage to take him down.

and even if I'm using emissaries I put them out on the front have them march ahead of my Army and then have them stomp when you're far enough away from my Army which does a whole lot of damage to them. the enemy will concentrate all their fire on the brute eventually kill him but be more fatigued when my Army reaches them. otherworldly cry if he's at that high of a level will to devastate the morale of the enemy.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 5:26 am 

Thanks!
And, what about Lucifer? Is he better hero than William Wallace? As I know, Lucifer is unstopable killing machine...

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 1:43 am 
Bleeding Edge Knight

the new revised Lucifer is capable of doing a lot of mischief. But he's much more balanced now then he first was and you have to use him with much more Finesse or he exits the battlefield way too soon. Dimensional strike should be used wisely, as he can real quickly gets exasperated. I seldom use it anymore when I'm playing him.

The best use of him is to throw a few cow heads into some tiles followed by a volley or two of volley fire arrows so that the morale is already weak then have Lucifer attack killed one soldier and the rest of the units flee in terror,.

Playing him at higher levels 40+ with dark travel giving him the ability of rear charges and positioning himself anywhere on the board makes him devastating endgame piece.

He is the most powerful hero in the current heroes. But he has vulnerabilities, and if I know he's going to be on the battlefield against my Army I have three units of Bowman buffed up to take him out

OfflineProfile