PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 4:33 pm 
Bleeding Edge Knight

who is Beltam Le Br'un ?

I can not find a reference for him in google or Wiki

OfflineProfile  
 Post subject: Re: who is Beltam Le Brùn
PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 6:58 pm 

Can you give us some more information?
Where did you find this name? What do you know about him?

It is very hard to find a person with only a name out of the blue.
With some more info, and a good google-fu. I might find his coat of arms for you.

Lord Ok

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 11:31 pm 
Bleeding Edge Knight

he is a peasant of some importance in the Exillis world. I deduced this from the fact that every Bastion employee takes a username for some character in the Exillis world.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 5:08 am 

He seems to be a fictional person. I've nowhere found this first name except for on the Ex Illis Wiki:
You probably have already read this.

Only The bastion team can help you out here.

Lord Ok

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 11:48 am 
Bleeding Edge Knight

actually I didn't find that link when I did a search for his name in wiki, so thanks and it looks like you're right he's just a character for some of the fiction side story, and not a hopeful future candidate,for a peasant hero model.

I'm really in love with the low borns and have several musters of entire low born armies. Thanks to the sale of William Wallace's, I am now able to actually have a low born Army that can put up a good fight.

William Wallace as the general and 4 Wallace's as the heroes, eight units of peasants five with hero's leaderships the other three to help create flanking positioning, with support from light Calvary, and crossbow's, catapults, I give the crossbow several items that build up their initiative and accuracy so that they fire every turn, still not as good as long Bowman , as far as firepower, but definitely making them useful and they also provide shielding for my peasants.

I've done several battles with them, and really they win or lose depending upon how lucky the Wallace heroes are during their slaughter skill, but even when they win it's real close battle where they win by the skin of their teeth, which really makes it enjoyable to win with them.

so I have five Wallace models which are:
William Wallace
Connell MacLeod
Brian Buru
Patrick O'Connor
The madman from Ulster.

I would love to have another low born heros, hence this thread about Beltam Le Brun. I know Joan of arc, will someday come a true leader of the commoner, which will turn the catapults, into killing machines.

All she needs to do is give a morale bonus to low boards 120% initiative to all catapults in the Army she leads, and she can match the English long Bowman advantage. Historically, her morale bonus to the commoners and her strategically using catapults turn the tide of battle.

another cool skill would be divine protection skill she and her retinue for one turn have protection against missile fire and magic and perhaps get a 250 action point bonus.

OfflineProfile  
 Post subject: Re: who is Beltram Le Brùn
PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 12:22 pm 

Really nice plans you have there. Very creative armies and stories.
I see you like to make big plans, I love to do that to.

Their is one slight problem; Joan of Arc was born more than a century after the time setting of Ex Illis. By that time they used cannons instead of catapults and the knights wore full plate armour.

As for Beltram: I can make up from the story that he'll be just as cowardice as the rest of the vileins. Would be nice if he gave a plundering bonus after the battle, that's what he likes to do according to the story.

Lord Ok

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 5:35 pm 
Instigator of the Crozada Coeli

As you deduced Josef, Beltram was simply a fictional character for side stories.

We had no plans on doing Beltram Le Brùn specifically, but probably push the lowborns further someday. :D

OfflineProfile  
 Post subject: Re: who is Beltram Le Brùn
PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 10:38 pm 
Bleeding Edge Knight

Lord Ok wrote:

Their is one slight problem; Joan of Arc was born more than a century after the time setting of Ex Illis. By that time they used cannons instead of catapults and the knights wore full plate armour.

Lord Ok

the Exillis world is not static and they do plan on continuing the timeline forward, so Joan of arc will be in the game at some point. Also heroes of legend long dead, have been resurrected through the mists, and because the mists created a time/spatial distortion causing a temporal shift it is also feasible that people from the future could walk through a fog and show up 100 years earlier. So I know that the whole hundred year war is planed on being covered with some interesting additions like Julius Caesar, Charlemagne, and the like.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 8:17 am 

If I remember correctly the fluff, the Fog bring to reality the imagination and memory of men. Which explain why only great people from the past come back into reality.
Pretty sure i read that a year ago.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 4:45 pm 
Bleeding Edge Knight

wulfbein wrote:
If I remember correctly the fluff, the Fog bring to reality the imagination and memory of men. Which explain why only great people from the past come back into reality.
Pretty sure i read that a year ago.

I sure your correct I like my explanation better if if its not official :lol:

and all my men are thinking of Joan of arc and the poor marrenne is tired of being the only gal on the battle feild

OfflineProfile