It is currently Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:20 pm

Post subject: The 18 Elemental Wizard's of Exillis
PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 9:16 pm 
Bleeding Edge Knight

The 18 Elemental Wizard's of Exillis (dreaming them in )

A single model kit with several heads, and arms holding magical items representing the elemental magic that the Wizard possesses,
upon registering the model you choose the elemental path that Wizard magic comes from.

The skill tree of all elemental wizards are basically the same the right branch being defensive magical skills, the left branch being offensive magical skills, and the central branch being, supportive enhancement skills for either the wizard or units.

Along the defensive branch of the skill tree the wizard shields against the opposite element, on the elemental chain see: http://ex-illis.com/wikien/Spell_Casting.

So under the "granted defensive skills" (levels 1 through 15) for example: and Earth Wizard would shield the unit against the element of wind, and ice Wizard would shield against fire, lightning Wizard against water,light Wizard against dark.

Under the offenses skills, the Wizard could direct his element to do damage to a particular enemy hero, or enhance that elemental damage to a unit, for so many turns.

Under the central branch would deal with things like movement, for example wind elemental Wizard could blow a unit forward in a fast March without any fatigue loss., Or and Earth Wizard could make firm ground over swamps negating the terrain disadvantage. A light Wizard could dispel the effects of darkness over a tile, whereas the dark elemental Wizard could create blackness and limit the vision in a certain tile.

Enhancements, would extend the range, time spell was in effect, and add other factors, like delays, morale boosts, morale lowering, etc.

Mastery skills
, would be more powerful effects, like be yimps Pyro blast, or Bill men Knight killer.

Final skills
, defenses would make a unit almost impervious against the opposite elemental energy, for example casting the mastery skill from light elemental Wizard on a unit of Spearman would make them almost impervious to the dark magic. Casting an offenses mastery skill would continually give them increased damage in that elemental in our example additional light damage above normal damage. The middle branch final skill would give them 100% increase in that elemental power, for example if a fire Wizard cast this final spell on a unit of Yimps their fire ball spells would be 100% more powerful.both in accuracy and damage.

Wizard should be relatively easy to kill through conventional weapons but have a very low aggressiveness so he will be behind the unit that protects them being one of the last people to be taken down in the unit, because of this magic abilities he will have enhanced natural defenses against all elemental magic.

This one model can be nine different wizards, each Wizard can follow three different paths, you would need 18 wizards to have the grand Council of elemental wizards something that has not happened in the history of Exillis.

Elemental wizards always work for the Lord or Baron that can pay them the best, as a their research is costly and expensive, thus elemental wizards do not have a faction or allegiances, and simply work for whoever is the top bidder for their services.

They give a base leadership to a unit of +20
mystical +20
papal -40

Share in the dream, by adding your creative thoughts ideas

OfflineProfile  
 Post subject: Re: The 18 Elemental Wizard's of Exillis
PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 10:41 pm 
Bleeding Edge Knight

Already proposed here

I'm all in with this proposal. One model, 18 different units.

OfflineProfile  
 Post subject: Re: The 18 Elemental Wizard's of Exillis
PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 2:46 am 
Bleeding Edge Knight

interesting thread I don't get over to the French side enough and sometimes miss some of the really good threads and discussions. I did feel like the magic of the Marrenne fit her character, that she would have Earth, wind, and water, elemental control. But having a exclusive magician that mastered one of the elements would make interesting strategic possibilities.

I also like the idea of every unit or hero is very weak and susceptible in one element, their Achilles' heel. it is true on some units and heroes but I would like it even more extreme, I think even Lucifer should be weaker to light elemental energy. that whatever their weaker at the inverse on the opposite side the elemental chain should be where their stronger at.

Currently most elemental resistance are set around 20, with the weaker 15 and a stronger being 25. I would like to see the weaker around 10, and stronger around 30, and heroes weaker 15 and stronger 40 , and perhaps heroes in the future being almost immune in one element. Certainly the elemental magicians should have a 60 in their element

also would like to see the magical chain effect being stronger than the current 10% increase to damage does not seem to grow as exponentially as I had hoped, I have worked on strategies so that I can build on the chain effect but I don't see the increase worth all the effort in setting up a strategy like this. With the elemental wizards you could really play on the magic chain multiplication effect.

OfflineProfile