It is currently Sun Oct 21, 2018 5:02 pm

Post subject: Shield trade.
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:54 pm 

Any one got a bunch of english crown shields ? i could trade fro stuff.?

OfflineProfile  
 Post subject: Re: Shield trade.
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 1:27 pm 

You mean the Normandie ones, with the two lions passant? :P

I think I still have 4 of those I don't need.

What bits can you spare?

lord Ok

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 2:23 pm 

Exillis?
WOC
Or IG? pick lol.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 5:28 pm 
Bleeding Edge Knight

all my FC have magnets attached to their arm and all the shields a small piece of metal on the back so that I can change out the coats of arms and run any Baron as their leader.

I painted two of each unit, all my mounted units in basic colors so that they would match the heraldry of the Lord they were serving.

Yellow/gold and red
green and yellow/gold
blue and gold
blue and silver
black and red

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 7:05 pm 

I am Happy with my English crown Faction :) i Do not think i will change. Unless I can create my own family's coat of arms.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 8:27 pm 

@ C.williams: Yes Ex Ills bits, my warhammer is gathering dust since I found Ex Illis. I'll PM you a list.

@ yosefbender: Did you know that knights never wore their lord's livery? Knights were To proud of their own coat of arms to chainge it and it would be way to costly to chainge their arms every time they serve an other lord.
Only very rich Lords provided clothes or an uniform for his servants, so it's more likely to see billmen in the Baron's colours than the french knights.

Lord Ok

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 8:34 pm 

well i dnt have that much spare for ex illis. Most of my stuff is still in boxes, been help up with uni work XD not even registered my emi or angels or my second starter set XD
Erm..... Hmm:P I have a ton of bases if that helps:P also some mantic dwarfs i dnt really want.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 9:23 pm 
Bleeding Edge Knight

@ yosefbender: Did you know that knights never wore their lord's livery? Knights were To proud of their own coat of arms to chainge it and it would be way to costly to chainge their arms every time they serve an other lord.
Only very rich Lords provided clothes or an uniform for his servants, so it's more likely to see billmen in the Baron's colours than the french knights.

yeah historically I know that ; whenever King Arthur's knights ever get released each one will be uniquely different. I really see the Fc as a unit of heavy Cavalry, more than Knights even though that's historically not the case. I think it wasn't until the 1900s that an Army had its own Cavalry, so there's a lot of fudging to make the battlefield look good :oops:

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 7:29 am 

@ C.williams: If you are going to be at the Tournament on the 4th I will happily swap any “english crown shields” that I may have left for Gloucester shields. I also believe that some of the other players are looking for blank or French crown shields.
Humm..... “create my own family's coat of arms.” Is that not what the blank shields are for! :D
You could always do what I did and look up the earliest use of your heraldic surname and use those colours and symbols. ;)

@ yosefbender I agree with you the F.C. are more a unit of heavy mounted men at arms/personal bodyguards, with the Baneret being the Knight’s.

Lord supplied the most trusted/permanent troops with livery coats from about the middle of the 12th century which I think would include the F.C.

In England the New Model Army of 1645 had its own cavalry divisions so that would have been the earliest that an army had it own cavalry here, but I think there may have been early examples in other European countries.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 7:46 am 

I ment as a faction ;) create the house of Williams lolXD Untill i can do that i will stick with my Imperialist english crown ;) and you can all obay your english lord! mUAHHAHAA.
Yer i should be coming, trying to find a direct train link from Milton Keynes.

I will just bring all my spares and we can trade there.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 4:31 pm 
Bleeding Edge Knight

UtherDracus wrote:
@ C.williams: If you are going to be at the Tournament on the 4th I will happily swap any “english crown shields” that I may have left for Gloucester shields. I also believe that some of the other players are looking for blank or French crown shields.
Humm..... “create my own family's coat of arms.” Is that not what the blank shields are for! :D
You could always do what I did and look up the earliest use of your heraldic surname and use those colours and symbols. ;)

@ yosefbender I agree with you the F.C. are more a unit of heavy mounted men at arms/personal bodyguards, with the Baneret being the Knight’s.

Lord supplied the most trusted/permanent troops with livery coats from about the middle of the 12th century which I think would include the F.C.

In England the New Model Army of 1645 had its own cavalry divisions so that would have been the earliest that an army had it own cavalry here, but I think there may have been early examples in other European countries.

thanks for the historical update, good to know that the theme could be followed through

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 5:09 pm 

@ C.williams Np I will pass the message on to the other from Nottingham so they know to bring there bits too :lol:
This Lancastrian lord defies your Imperialist ways :lol:

@ yosefbender Np I started wargaming with my brothers New Model Army's cavalry riding all over my Royalists troops. :lol:
As all the troops belonged to him he never did get round to buying any Royalists cavalry :roll:
Still my French Napoleonic troops got there revenge over his British :twisted: :lol:

OfflineProfile