It is currently Sun Oct 21, 2018 5:43 pm

Post subject: Archangels and Wallace
PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 1:35 am 

Hello all, I'm new to the ex-illis forums so hopefully I'm posting in the correct spot. Regardless, I paint models professionally and I came upon a gentleman's archangel's and a William Wallace Figure. (The archangel's are that of the evocati). I have no idea how much to price these if I were to paint them all. To paint one it took me about a day. Assuming my painting is extremely well done, how much could I charge this gentleman? I have no idea where to start.

OfflineProfile  
 Post subject: Re: Archangels and Wallace
PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 10:10 am 

I've been looking for commission painters the past days, after I counted my unpainted Ex Illis minis. For low tabletop quality you can charge the new price of the models, for display/characters that could get up to 10x the new price.

The archangels are elite units, and and William Wallace is a special hero. Comparable in work to cavalry models. As a professional you probably have done these before, and know the price.
It all depends on the deal you made, and your painting quality.

I wouldn't let anyone paint for me without first knowing the price.

Don't forget to post some pictures on here when they're done.

Lord Ok

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 12:30 pm 

You got it. Thanks for the feedback. I wasn't to sure how the "exchange rate" for ex-illis models worked. I always like getting a good idea before I shout random numbers into the air haha. This has definitely given me some sort of idea, thanks again!

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 9:12 am 

Depending on what level it is, normally depends on your rate.

level 1 being just primer , and level 10 being " gold demon" standard.

table top which is 3-4 normally is around £5-10 a model i would say, for the detail and size of exillis minis. .

5-6 would be around £15-25

7-8 would be 30-50

8-9 you are a looking at 60-100

and level 10... well no one paints commission for level 10, but normally that is up in the many 100s
Adding free hand work and stuff costs extra, depending on how hard it is
all these are ruff number mind you. I know a few commission painters, and that's ruffle what they charge.

But if he or she, is a first time client good business would be to give them a slight discount for more return business ;)

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 1:55 pm 

Cool I've decided on a price that I and the buyer are satisfied with. I'll definitely put up some pictures in due time. Thanks again for the feedback guys!

OfflineProfile